Friday, March 28, 2014

19 Weeks

How far along? 19 weeks

I had a severe cold this week and I just let it go because I never had a fever or anything that sparked calling the doctor, but I was coughing up a lung.  Thursday morning I woke up and cold was MUCH better but I had what felt like a side ache. It lasted about 4 hours so I called the Doctor and told them I was 19 weeks and I'm sure the pain was stretching and the cold/coughing but wanted to check in. 

The nurse took some notes and consulted with the Dr. and the decided they wanted me to come in for an ultrasound and to check my cervix is long enough and closed. I found a sub for after school care, called Alex from at work and asked him to get out a little earlier and if we could drive together, he asked my mom to pick up our dogs and feed and let them out, then we hurried to the doctor in Neenah, and it became hurry up and wait. We waited an hour and a half for an ultrasound.  My cervix is 1/2 an inch longer than they need to see so I was safe there and my cervix is completely closed. Turns out I was right it was just the coughing and stretching but doctor said he was still glad he checked. I was the third person he had seen that day for the same thing.  I am also on a Z-pac to make sure the cough is not bacterial and playing it safe.

Baby hiding his/her face but
at least we know it has one
ear, 1 elbow, & 1 set of ribs.
You can kind of see the fingers
dangling down by the elbow.
Hand up by the head.  You can
see the eye socket and a bit
of the nose.
 Total Weight Gain: 6.5 lbs
Maternity Clothes? starting to wear shirts now, but can still fit into some looser clothing
Stretch Marks? no
Sleep: doing pretty good actually.  My cold made it rough, but I survived.
Best Moment this Week: Seeing baby on the ultra sound and seeing Alex's face when he felt baby for the first time. Brings me to tears thinking about Alex's reaction....every time.
Miss Anything? doing pretty good
Movement: Yes!  Alex loved feeling it too!  Still tiny little taps, but we are enjoying it so much!
Food Craving? no
Anything making you queasy or sick? no
Have you started to show yet? yes
Bellybutton in or out? moving its way out, but still tucked in for now.
Gender Prediction: Gender predictors say girl, wives tales say both boy and girl but more towards boy, and my gut says boy.  We shall see next weekend!
Wedding Rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time? I was very upset driving to the Dr. even though I had a feeling everything was fine, I would go through these waves of panic, then be fine, and panic again.  I do find myself feeling sappier and crying at things like the ultrasound, Alex's emotions to the pregnancy, and just being with my husband in general.
Looking forward to: The next ultrasound on Monday, getting more pictures, and having the gender party with our friends and family next weekend.  I am just so in love with this man in my life and the baby in my belly I just cannot wait for this whole experience to continue.

Crib is up!

No comments:

Post a Comment