Thursday, May 15, 2014

26 Weeks

How far along? 26 weeks

Total Weight Gain? 21 lbs (oops)

Maternity Clothes? yes

Stretch Marks? no

Sleep: getting harder.  Apparently I was moaning in my sleep the other night keeping Alex up.  I feel bad that I am keeping him up and his sleep is also suffering.  I guess it is just practice for the both of us. 

Best Moment this Week: Lots of moments this week!

*Celebrating my FIRST Mother's day.  Alex bought me the most amazing necklace of mother and child.  I absolutely love it.  The best part? Alex states, "it can hang right by your heart."  Awwwww I have the best husband.  


*Hearing Nolan's heartbeat beating a strong 146 bpm and finding 
out I passed my glucose test!  

**Also, ALL MY 4K STUDENTS PASSED THEIR PALS (Phonological Awareness Literacy Screening) assessments! I think I had a very advanced class this year, but I would like to think it had something to do with me.  Either way, I am so very proud of them and all they have learned this year!  Yay Class of 2026 (yes, its true!)

*Found out Alex and I are going to be aunt and uncle to a Chew BOY in October!  Two little boys 6 weeks apart.   

Miss Anything? sleeping comfortably and bending comfortably.  Oh, and not waddling down the halls at school.  My darn sciatic nerve!

Movement: Tons of movement in there!  I am just starting to feel those rolls people talk about where some joint on his body goes from one side to the other and you can feel it drag all the way.

Food Craving? No, but hours after finding out I passed my glucose test, mint girl scout cookies in Cool Whip sounded delicious.  So, I ate it-half a roll.  So good.

Anything making you queasy or sick? Doing pretty good now.

Bellybutton in our out? out

Wedding Rings on or off? On, but swelling is starting.  I am hoping to keep them on though!  If not, I will need to buy one of those cheap rings to put on as a wedding ring substitute. There is just something about teaching in a Catholic School pregnant with out one that makes me feel awkward.  

Happy or Moody most of the time? Doing pretty good.  I do get crabby over smaller stuff though.

Looking forward to? Being in 3rd trimester.  I know it is going to be tough, but I am so excited to know I am making that far, giving him a safe place to grow for this long, and making it closer and closer to the due date knowing it makes him have the best odds as possible.  

Anything Else? I have been having quite a bit of pain with my sciatic nerve.  It is sometimes to the point, that I can't use my left leg.  The problem, my left leg is the opposite side of Nolan likes to hang out in.  I have little to no torso because of my scoliosis, so he is in my rib and hip...at the same time.  To relieve pain in my rib, I need to lean left, to lean left hurts my butt/leg/sciatica.  I basically just hobble around.  I know all these are common pregnancy symptoms, it just makes me nervous because I still have a whole trimester to go!  I hope and pray for strength to keep being strong and keep him in there.  The plus side, I have 4 weeks of school to go so I can relax and hopefully rest and stay strong.  

My necklace for Mother's Day. I love it (and the man who gave it to me) so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment