Sunday, February 23, 2014

14 Weeks

This one is late again.  It has been a crazy weekend!

Baby Emily began to enter this world on Thursday and I went to welcome her, and then she made her appearance on Friday!  I have been best friends with Emily's mom, Ashley, since we were in kindergarten, and her dad, David since middle school.  If it was not for them, I would never have meet the love of my life, my husband, the father of our child!  We could not be more excited about this birth!  Welcome to the world 8lb 2oz, 22in Emily Elisabeth Poppe!  

Saturday Alex and I went furniture and other "house stuff" shopping as well as began registering for our brand new little one.  

Sunday, we began the super cleaning the house to move and packing, visited little Emily one more time, and had our weekly Sunday dinner with my family.  Here we are at Sunday night!

How far along? 14 Weeks
Total Weight Gain: 5 lbs
Maternity Clothes? same maternity pants and leggings.  Have to wear looser shirts, the tighter ones make my belly itchy.  lol.  
Stretch Marks? not yet
Sleep: Starting to get tougher.  Getting back aches, waking up to use the bathroom, and trying to get comfortable with out laying on my back and stomach as I used to.  May as well get used to it I guess.
Best Moment this Week: Telling my students!  They were so happy for us.  I have one little mother hen that keeps checking that I have enough food, other teacher's don't startle me, and that I don't work to hard.  She is so cute, I am loving it.  Also, registering. It is amazing to think about out little one really coming to be with us with the stuff we are selecting.  
Miss Anything? I am doing pretty good.  I think what bothers me the most is being able to pick up/lift anything I want, help others with hard work, and stand on chairs  and snow hills for recess duty with out being scolded
Movement: not yet, but I am so anxious for it!
Food Craving? still love lemonade, but will survive with out it.  Not sure if it is a craving or just a want, but I have had 2 foot long BLTs and then made myself a few more BLTs this week.  SO good!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Phlegm. Talk about it, sniffling it, it dripping, hacking it, anything.  The sound and thought makes me gag.  ewww.  
Have you started to show yet? Yes, a little bump, though I do think its more my organs and baby still hiding behind it because the bump is rather high.  
Bellybutton in or out? In, as the bump grows it is actually getting deeper in for now.  
Gender Prediction:  Still 50/50!  I just cannot decide.
Wedding Rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time? I have my moments but I am mostly happy.  
Looking forward to:  A growing baby and movement!  Also moving into our house.  This week, is catholic schools week make up, conferences make up, and more packing.  Mostly I am looking forward to resting!
Labor Signs? no way, thank God.
Anything Else? The move is finally getting close!  We purchased our washer and dryer, couch and recliner, and dining room table and chairs.  We are so excited to move into our home.  We had a great weekend bonding and getting ready for baby. Meeting Emily has made it surreal.  We are literally going to have a baby in our new home with the stuff we are registering for in around 26 weeks.  I cannot wait to be to be a mommy and set up our own house and live as a happy family in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment