Saturday, February 1, 2014

We are Expecting!

Alex and I found out we were expecting on December 15, 2013.  We had a feeling we were expecting on Saturday, but didn't want to take a test while at the Vanden Heuvel Christmas party and have to keep it a secret.  Therefore, we took the test the day after.

I was so excited to take the test I woke up at 4am to take it.  I woke Alex up and made him come with me to look at the results. I told him to check it as I am not good with failed tests (we had our fair share of those).  He told me he has to always check it is my turn.  As I look at the test and read the words pregnant I turn to Alex with wide eyes and told him it was positive.  He being a little under the influence (remember the VH Christmas part was the day before and it is 4am) hugs me and says, "I don't know what to do with my hands, I feel like I am on a rocket ship."  Yes my husband quoted Will Ferrell as we found out we were expecting!



We did the math and knew we would be due in August.  We didn't want to start counting weeks until we knew for sure what week we were in, so we decorated our board for the holidays instead.  We wanted to start tracking the growth and celebrate in the holidays.

The day we found out, about 4 weeks.
EllieFay Photography & Design took our announcement photos!









About 5 weeks
About 6 weeks.
About 7 weeks
We were able to go in for our first appointment on January 6.  At the appointment we confirmed I was 7 weeks 5 days, officially due August 21, 2014, and we got to see our precious little one.



The week leading up to 9 weeks was a big one.
On Monday, Alex turned 26!

Also on Monday, I somehow managed to get my keys stuck in my car due to some security setting so that the battery went dead and I needed a ride to work on Tuesday, which ended up being an early dismissal because of a snow storm.

BUT on Wednesday morning, Alex woke early to snow blow the driveway for me.  He decided to do the neighbors sidewalk as well. He finished and went to turn around and come back home, and he slipped on the ice.  He and the snow blower fell and he hurt his knee. He rested all day but in the end, he could not bend his knee.  We ended up in the ER 12 hours later.  Good thing it was just a severe strain or partially torn meniscus, but nothing was broken or fully torn. **Confession time** I was starving after looking at the house and such right after school.  I normally eat at 4:30 and I could not make it any longer.  We went to our usual $7 burgers at Tanners first.  Then, since it was report card time, I stopped at home to pick up my school bag so I could work on report cards in the waiting room.  AFTER those detours, then I took him the ER***

We started looking for houses when we found out we were expecting. We love the little house we are renting, but thinking of a family of 3 and 2 dogs in 850 square feet was a little stressful.  We looked at 2 houses.  We loved the second one (on a Wednesday-yes Alex trucked through a house with out bending his knee).  Thursday we put in an offer.  After 7 counter offers, our offer was accepted with a contingency.

At 10 Weeks, to the day, we were told our house was a go.  We still do not have the official paperwork, but that should be coming through in the next week. We have a closing date set for March 7!

How far along? 11 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 1.5 lbs
Maternity Clothes? wearing more leggings and borrowing clothes from my mom.  Trying out a hair tie if I can get them over my hips.  I did buy maternity pants because I had a gift card, but don't quite need them yet.
Stretch Marks? Nope, using my lotion to try to avoid them!
Sleep: Badger is going through some sort of sleep regression, so that has been waking us up.  I have also been trying really hard to sleep on my side and it at times wakes me up with a sore shoulder.  I am also getting up to go to the bathroom more.
Best Moment this Week: Signing the paperwork for our new house!
Miss Anything? Not really.  Feeling a little helpless when we are starting to pack and knowing I shouldn't be lifting.
Movement: Not yet, excited for it thought!
Food Craving? I love fruit, orange juice, and lemonade right now.  Not really craving, but that is what I want.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Silly things like gross things on tv and gross sounds and smells make me gag.  Also, emptying the sink drain gets me every time.
Have you started to show yet? I bloat freakishly early, but it is just bloat for now.
Bellybutton in or out? innie still
Gender Prediction: Not sure why, but boy for now.
Wedding Rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time? Pretty Happy. I am nervous and anxious that everything goes well and have my crabby moments, but I have been pretty happy.
Looking forward to: Hearing the heartbeat on Monday!
Labor Signs? No way, thank God

No comments:

Post a Comment