Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sesame Street has a new fan!

My last post I talked about how I was getting looks and my social anxiety went through the roof.

Today, it was brought to my attention that a puppet with autism will be joining the Sesame Street cast. Now, let me tell you I have never been a Sesame Street fan.  I think my reason was I didnt want my kids to talk like Elmo and Cookies monster, but in complete sentences and proper English.  But this, you guys, makes me want to record every freaking episode.

I genuinely believe that this exposure to Julia and Autism will decrease those looks Nolan and I get and they will turn into looks of understanding and "Oh yeah, I saw this on Sesame Street!"

It gives me a lot of hope and makes me feel less afraid.  I know that the looks I have gotten are often not meant to be rude, just not understanding what is going on.  This will open so many doors for Nolan and for me as a parent.  I am very excited for this future.


http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/new-kid-on-the-street/ http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/the-real-life-mother-and-son-behind-a-muppet-with-autism/

No comments:

Post a Comment