Thursday, April 10, 2014

21 Weeks...and test results

How far along? 21 weeks

Total Weight Gain: 9lbs

Maternity Clothes? Yes, mostly all now.  Still wearing some bigger sweaters because I refuse to buy winter maternity clothes because I'm not supposed to be pregnant in the winter ;)

Stretch Marks? no

Sleep: Still been doing pretty well.  Wake up a little more with being on my back which is starting to be painful (but probably good so I dont stay there to long).

Best Moment this Week:  Seeing our little somebody is a BOY. We are going to have a son!  It is amazing to keep saying it.  

We did get to do some shopping for Nolan which made boy so much more real.  Let's just say--This girl is crazy about a sharp dressed little man!  (haha, now the song is stuck in your head)

We also got amazing news on Tuesday.  Our tests are in and they are negative.  This means Nolan's DNA shows no chromosomal abnormalities (including Down Syndrome). We are so happy that our little boy will be healthy. There are no words for the relief the two of us are feeling!

Miss Anything? Being able to pluck my eyebrows.   I cant reach the mirror anymore.  I am going to have to purchase a mirror for the back of our bathroom door so I can get closer....

Movement: Yes!  At the reveal, I felt my stomach get really hard and as I put my hand on it, I felt a butt or head roll across/fill my hand and then slide away!  It was so amazing.  I feel quite a bit of movement all through out the day....and it's getting stronger.

Food Craving? no

Anything making you queasy or sick? Sunday morning, Alex and I were walking the dogs to my parents for breakfast.  We let the dogs off their leashes at the end of their driveway so they could run up to the house.  They decided to stop in the middle of the yard and eat something.  I dont know what it was, but I know it was most likely something dead that had been there all winter.   I got so nauseous I threw up the second I got in the door, then again down the hall.  Don't worry, I felt completely fine afterwards and ate 2 Eggs Benedict.  

Have you started to show yet? Yes, but I do have people say I am tiny and not even showing at all, until I turn....from the side I have a bump.  It is getting bigger daily though!  My little 4 year old friend made sure to remind me when he stated, "Whoa, Mrs. Gloudemans, I see your baby is growing big!"  At least he specified it was the baby!

Bellybutton in or out? Inching it's way out!

Gender Prediction: No more predicting....IT'S A BOY!  Nolan Alex Gloudemans

Wedding Rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time? Happy

Looking forward to: Enjoying the movement, the day dreaming about our little boy, and maybe a little shopping....
Also, we are looking forward to our doctor's appointment on Tuesday to hear that everything is ok and just double check that information!

Labor Signs? no, but Braxton hicks maybe?  A cousin did say she started getting braxton hicks that started at 24 weeks and went through to she delivered....she said the doctor just told her to drink more water, when you are hydrated they are better.  I KNOW I don't drink enough water so that is very likely.  I will definitely mention it to the doctor, and drink a lot more water.  



Anything Else? The name.  We are so proud of the name we chose for our son.  Nolan was my grandfather Nolen Chew Sr, my uncle Nolen Chew, and my aunt NoLynn Chew.  We are so proud to pass on the family name.  Alex is obviously after Alex...it is a family tradition for the Gloudemans to name their first born son after their dad.  We are so happy to be welcoming our wonderful, adorable, son, Nolan Alex Gloudemans in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment