Saturday, June 30, 2012

Doggie bag

When we travel with our dog we bring quite a few things with us. It is almost like packing a diaper bag, only our "Pudgie Bag."

We have a 17 inch stake we use to tie Pudge up with when we have him outside but aren't always watching... Anyway, the bag needed to be big enough to hold that. I decided 15 inches tall. I wanted a square bottom and sides to allow for more things to fit. 5 inch sides and bottom. I then added 2 inches to each measurement to allow for the 1/2 inch seams (once when putting two fabrics together on each side and then when putting all pieces together.

Layed all the pieces together on the floor right sides together. Sewed all the inner and outer pieces together. Side pieces I sewed the strap right into. Then I sewed all sides together first, inner lining out. Sewed the bottom on and left seams viable, all on the inner lining. Lots of room and so cute for our Pudgie Pie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment