Thursday, August 14, 2014

38 & 39 Weeks

For the first time this pregnancy, I missed a post.  I had a couple people contact me wondering if everything was ok and if I had had him already.  The truth is, it was a very emotional week that was harder on me than I anticipated.

How far along? 38 weeks
Total Weight Gain? +33
Stretch Marks? yes
Sleep: getting up every 2 hours to go to the bathroom, but sleeping pretty good between those.
Best Moment this Week: hearing Nolan's strong heartbeat
Miss Anything? moving normally
Movement: He is moving regularly and I think he is finally getting on a schedule.  
Food Craving? Not having cravings, but when grocery shopping I shop like a 5 year old.  I love Fruit Loops, Lucky Charms, and Ego waffles for breakfast.  I also MAY HAVE ALLEGEDLY eaten an entire box of instant one sitting....while Alex was in the bathroom.
Anything making you queasy or sick? been doing pretty well.
Bellybutton in our out? out, way out
Wedding Rings on or off? off
Happy or Moody most of the time? moody.  I am very emotional and had a very hard time this week.
Looking forward to? Meeting him!!
Labor Signs? Tuesday I was STILL 1cm 50% effaced.  I was disappointed to say the least.  On Thursday, blog day, I started having some pretty intense pains.  They were pretty constant and pretty painful.  I was pretty uncomfortable.  Alex and I went for a walk and when we got back, they were there for about 4 hours.  We decided to call the Doctor to see what they said about coming in.  The doctor on call told us to wait until I changed me breathing or had trouble talking through the contraction to go in.   We resumed watching tv and toughing out the contractions.  I woke up during the night and tried walking to help things move along.  All I got was less sleep.  Friday I continued feeling ill, achey, contractions and just thought I was in early labor.  Alex called work and told them he would come in, but may need to leave if my labor progressed and it may be time to go to the hospital.  They told him to take the day off and be there with and for me during the day.  My mom and I went shopping to get me walking, Alex and I went walking, and I walked and I walked and we bounced on an exercise ball all night, and then walked some more.  Went to bed as normal on Friday and woke up Saturday....Fine.  I woke up completely fine.  30 hour of discomfort, thinking I was at least making my way to labor, Alex had off of work for days with his weekend off and Monday as a vacation day already. I just had 30 hours of false labor.
Anything Else? False labor is a very difficult thing.  I took it very hard.  First I got all excited I was going to have a baby!  I was so excited to be in pain because it meant my little angel was coming, and soon!  It was hard on my body, but I knew it would be worth it.  Then when Alex got off of work on Friday and then for the next 2 weeks I felt like we were settling down to take care of our baby. I felt like an idiot.  I felt like a failure.  I felt like an idiot.  I was embarrassed that Alex now had to call work back and get his hours back.  I cannot believe I was so wrong.  Then on Sunday, Alex got called into work.  It was nice he got to make up his hours from Friday, but we also knew it probably wasn't a good idea if I was home alone.  I went over to my moms and spent time with her and the dogs to keep them active and my mind busy.  Keeping my mind busy helped me to cope.  After that, I didnt really feel happy to still be pregnant, but at least I wasn't as upset and emotional as I had been days earlier.

Bouncing and stretching.  Trying to make him want out!

How far along? 39 Weeks--Never, in the past 10 weeks, did I think I was going to make it to 39 weeks.  It is totally surreal to be this far along.
Total Weight Gain? +34
Stretch Marks? yes
Sleep: Same as last week: up every 2 hours but ok in between. I am finding myself more tired even when I wake up though.
Best Moment this Week: jumping into the lake in a 90 foot deep section.  I was very nervous that I would sink like Pudge, our puggle.  I grabbed a noodle, took a deep breath, and jumped!  It was quite exhilarating and felt so good on my swollen body.  
Miss Anything? moving normally
Movement: same predictable times--he is very responsive to my touch
Food Craving? Same 5 year old diet.
Anything making you queasy or sick? no
Bellybutton in our out? out, way, way, out.
Wedding Rings on or off? off
Happy or Moody most of the time? Unhappy and uncomfortable until Wednesday.  I was so uncomfortable, and unhappy to be so uncomfortable.
Looking forward to? Meeting him!
Labor Signs? I was still in quite a bit of pain through out the week.  I just assumed this was what the last weeks are like, complete misery.
Anything Else? At the doctor on Tuesday, I was still only 1cm-not quite 2 yet, but I am also 90% effaced.  I also mentioned to the doctor that with the position that Nolan is in I am having a very hard time emptying my bladder so we maybe should check if I have an infection because that is how they are caused.  He tested and sure enough, bladder infection.  Should be an easy fix with an antibiotic.  Problem?  I am allergic to penicillin-the only safe antibiotic in third trimester, except for one.  One that is hard to find, not sold very many places, and one Alex has never seen dispensed in his many years working in a pharmacy.  After he called around, he did find one pack.  We picked it up and it is a powder you mix with 4oz of water and drink.  $60 later, I have this strange antibiotic.  It tastes like very bad citrus.  Apparently I only needed to take that one dose, thank goodness at that price.  I was still pretty miserable on Tuesday and my back was still killing me.  I thought back and realized the pain was where my kidneys are, where I had my pain when I had my kidney infection.  It made me very nervous as the Dr. told me to watch for back pain.  At this point,  I have no idea if my back pain is pregnancy related or kidney related.  At this point I have no idea what is normal.  I called the doctor and they suggested checking my temp 2 times a day and going in for blood work just for a piece of mind.  Blood work was Wednesday morning.  It came back looking normal. The antibiotic has started working so I was feeling much better, which is good because I am not quite sure what our other option would be besides having him and getting an antibiotic that is safe while breastfeeding. Hopefully infection stays away for 11 days (at the most!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment