because he has really started rolling in his sleep. He is sleeping in his zippy and it has been going great. He knows when he is in a zippy it is sleeping time. He loves being in it.
Now, Nolan will roll in his sleep to his stomach or his side as he shimmys over to the side. He can often been found on his belly or pressed up against his crib side. I moved him back to the center and onto his back for a couple nights only to find him in the same places again and again. I have been told as long as he can roll easily, the bumpers are breathable (he was putting his arms and legs out and bumping his head so we had to invest in some breathable bumpers), and he is staying asleep to leave him. It still makes me nervous, but I am at a loss for what to do next. ( I have heard of putting noodles under the sheets, but the way he is putting his face against things, I feel if he would press his face against the sheets with a noodle it would not be breathable)
Milestones & Likes
- Sitting Up-Nolan sits up completely on his own now. We don't put much behind him and he rarely tips over. He only tips over forward while he is reaching for things.
- Sitting to crawling position- He is leaning forward while sitting and then catching himself for the most part-though not quite holding himself up on his belly. He then goes from his belly to reaching really far and kicking.
- Crawling-Nolan isnt quite crawling, but developing many of the pre crawling skills. He will go up on his knees, but his forehead is on the floor. He props up really high on his arms but his butt goes down. He can prop up on his hands and walk his hands 180* around. He then rolls where he wants to go after "angling it right."
- Standing- He will stand with support--holding fingers or up against his standing toys or the couch. He will also bounce while he is standing.
- Walking- While holding Alex and my hands, Nolan is starting to pick up his feet and bend his knees in a walking form. Though he is not close yet, he is getting some of the pre walking skills.
- Teeth- Nolan's 2 bottom teeth broke through before he was 6 months, but he was always rubbing his tongue on them so we never got a photo. Just recently, he started letting us see them!
Trip to the waterpark-Dells
We made it a month sickness free!